Demetrius currently resides in the Greenville section (Ward A) of Jersey City, New Jersey. He received his grammar school education from Sacred Heart School in Jersey City and received his high school education from Marist High School, a Private Catholic co-educational institution in Bayonne, New Jersey. In 2017, Demetrius graduated from Seton Hall University where he received his Bachelors of Arts in Sociology.
Since the age of 15, Demetrius has been involved in politics working on numerous campaigns throughout Hudson, Essex, and Union counties. In high school, Demetrius served as Chairman of the New Jersey Hudson County Teenage Republicans, in which his job was to engage teens age 13 to 19 to get involved in politics. Upon starting college, he began doing more research and became more open minded politically. Issues such as raising the minimum wage, college affordability, and marriage equality prompted him to become a Democrat. A former President of the Seton Hall College Democrats, Demetrius has worked as a Legislative Aide/Social Media Advisor to NJ Assemblyman Carmelo Garcia (D-33) and served as the New Jersey Chair of the College Democrats of America's Black Caucus. Demetrius also was Membership Director for College Democrats of NJ and two-term Executive Vice President. In 2018, Demetrius served as a Legislative Aide to NJ Assemblywoman Shanique Speight of the 29th Legislative District.
Demetrius has interned for Hoboken Councilman Michael DeFusco and Jersey City Department of Health and Human Services. Demetrius plans to run for public office one day as he firmly believes millennials and the LGBTQ community needs more representation. Always an advocate for the less fortunate, he believes we all need to work together to get the job done. While Demetrius life had many bumps in the road, mentors such as Carmelo Garcia and Jerry Walker has helped guide him into the young professional he is today. Demetrius is the former Executive Director of the Greenville Health Access Coalition and the Jersey City Health and Public Safety Coalition.
- Recipient of the "Rising Star Award" by Urban League of Hudson County
- Featured as One of New Jersey’s Youngest Political Talents” by Observer NJ.
- Featured in African American Power List by Insider NJ
- Recipient of Outstanding Millennial Award by Union County Juneteenth Committee of NAACP
- Iron Sharpening Iron Award by National Action Network of North Jersey
- Jersey City Community Mogul Award 40 under 40
- Featured on Insider NJ's 50 Millennial Up and Comers in New Jersey Politics under 30.
- Honorable Mention in African American Power List by Insider NJ
- The 2018 InsiderNJ List (Top 100 Millennials in New Jersey)